Tuesday 21 April 2009

REBELLION Vs REVOLUTION


I have been to India recently and I spent considerable amount of time with my parents. On one nice evening, I was sitting on the stairs while my mom had to squeeze through to climb up. Suddenly, she came up with this great idea of re-doing the house because of the fact that it is becoming congested when all of us are around. I didn’t really like the idea and I contradicted her by saying so. My Dad who was sitting a step down to me said that he would like to construct another house else-where. My sister who was listening to this conversation agreed with what I said and supported me by saying that she is against re-doing the house. While the conversation carried, that night I had to rethink what has happened.

I stood against an idea and I contradicted it. While my Dad stood for what he liked and he promoted it. I was then a rebellion because I was AGAINST something that I hated and my Dad was a revolutionist because he stood FOR something that he liked.

Most interesting part is the response of my Sister. She liked my ideas so she agreed with me. I think a large percentage of people including me are like my Sister. We vote for rebels and we don’t consider revolutionists. Probably we might have to love/like people because of what they are for and not because what they are against to. I think revolutionists are always better than rebels, just the way my Dad is.

No comments:

Post a Comment