Monday 7 September 2009

Woman - a confused winner ?



I personally think that women are born winners. They are winners in their own realm of life.

A baby girl would construct her thoughts around those aspects of life that are owned by women - like - family, care, nurture…, and here I am not speaking about the exceptional. However, as the kid grows up, she works hard and tries to win in other aspects of life where her interest doesn’t really belong to. Her interests change and many a times she doesn’t even try to understand the simple fact that she is striving for something that she doesn’t own and she doesn’t like (at the bottom of her heart).

I blame the society, the books and the history that consistently persuaded the little kid, right from the day she was born, to prove that she can compete with men. This has a great impact on the way the kid constructs her thoughts and interests. But she misses the simple fact that she has been drawn away from her world…. and that her real world is more interesting and more challenging in its own way. As she does that the born winner eventually becomes a confused winner.

I am not saying that women can not compete with men. I strongly believe that women are capable enough to win the intellectual fight. I am not speaking about the ability. I would raise my full support to any woman who would like to lead a life as that of a man… but only if she wants to and not because she is made to.


In the above article, it is not the intent of the author to generalize all women.




4 comments:

  1. Samuel, I still dont understand why you differentiate a baby girl and a baby boy in the first place. They are all kids and they all think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I differentiate them for the simple fact that you call them a baby boy and a baby girl. And I personally think that the difference is not just limited to physical appearance but I believe it is much deeper that that. And again as I said I am not speaking about the exception

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete